Re: first repair! success...

The haynes I have covers 1975 - 1989 Volkswagen Rabbit, Golf and Jetta.
Before I put it in the shop john, it was about 175 pages.  As far as _tech
procedures_ go, it makes no mention of differences between A1 and A2
chassis, which can be very misleading.  In absence of a Bentley, it's
better than a cereal box, but not as good as a candy wrapper and a
flashlight... :)  If there's any info in the front of it about specs of
each car, I haven't notcied (I think I started at the front... :))  But
that sort of info is what the net is for - somebody always has that old
copy of Car&Drivel or Euro Car....! :)

Having said that, I do use a Haynes for my pickup - but it suffers from
the same problem - All Chev/GM pickup, suburban, blazer/jimmy modesl from
1960 to 1990 are covered in the 175 pages... :)

Drew