Re: first repair! success...

I agree that the Bentley is the best, but the Haynes is not toilet paper.
The Haynes has the euro Scirocco specifications, weight, dimensions, and
pics.
I have an extra Haynes manual that I just checked and it does not have
the euro information, it covers '75-92 A1's, I would sell it for $10.

The Chilton is pretty junkie, but I have found interesting information in
that as well.
For example, I like how they give the horsepower and torque ratings for
each model.

Peter (5 Bentleys, 3 Haynes, 1 VW early factory manual, and 2 Chiltons)