valvetrain+injectors

Hi, I need some info but I'm not sure to be on the good list. If not please help
me find the good one.

Here it goes: For a Golf 1.8l (1988 Cabriolet); I have a clacking sound coming
from the valvetrain, I would like to know if there is some adjustement possible
on the follower arms or I'm due for replacement parts?

Also I have a rough idle and hesitation when cold in the mornings when I press
on the gas pedal. Could it be dirty injectors. Someone suggested me the coolant
sensor but I tried to unconnect it when cold and warm with out any difference.

Thanks

Mike.