New Suspension In/Thanks NW Folks(long)

Well
I just thought I would give you all a update on my car and give a loud thanks
to the NW Scirocco contingent.
I got the accident Iowa settled and made a little money on the deal. The car
was shipped out here to seattle and took on 600 or so more dollars in damage
from the moving company(big dents and scratches)! So a new claim is in the
works there. Andre and I put in a new drivers side driveshaft and put new CV
boots on the passenger. I also set about putting my new Boge and H&R setup
in. Heres where it gets stupid.
The drivers side rear was not fun but did not complain much going in. The
passenger side strut to axle bolt would not budge. After 3 or so list members
had a go at it the nut twisted off. So we set about pounding it out with a
hammer and punch....no go. We tried twisting on the head...not even a squeek.
So it was getting rediculus and late so Bradley went after it with a circular
saw and metal cutting blade and off came the head of the bolt. More pounding
kicking hammering and screaming WTF all to no avail. Sooooo...we notched the
bottom of the strut and lifted it out and cut the bolt (or what was left of
it out) and the rear was done. It was late now and Andre and attacked the the
front drivers side. The nut end twisted the fuck off. We gave up. Next day we
did the passenger side no problem. Drivers side still would not pound out or
make any sort of movement. Went out and bought a 4lb Big F------ Hammer per
Bradleys suggestion and a torch. More pounding and heating and I lit the car
on fire briefly. No progress. So the next day it was off to bradleys house
and to the impact wrench. Mind you it has now cost me over 100 bucks in new
bolts hammers and torchs, lubircants and beer. The impact wrench had no
effect, at least none that could be seen. Bradley decides to manually
persuade it. Impact socket on a 12 inch breaker bar with a 1.5 foot cheater
pipe on the end. Result...shattered SK socket in three places! Much pondering
then took place. Bradley would not rest and with a new socket and brute
strength removed the foul bolt. So my suspension took 3 days to put in. Also
put a new Eurosport upper tie bar in with new Ferrodo pads.
Refelections
Love the new ride, its perfect for daily driving and really tears up the on
and off ramps. Very impressive indeed, bigger sway bars needed however. I
just want to give a huge thanks to all the NW listers how sat and drank with
me as the above unfolded. You all are the best and Bradley you are the
buffest.

Shannon Fenton
Amazon.com
Corporate Resource Managment