Re: hall sending unit/distributor

<x-flowed>Not long ago I got a hall sender from Car Quest.
Bryan Geiszler
----Original Message Follows----
info:   1985 Scirocco Wolfie

My problem is that I can't get it to start. I already did the trouble
shooting....took 3 weeks cause of work ...... and have come to the
conclusion to the HALL SENDING UNIT no longer works!
Fuel pump works (has a new relay) ECU works, Ignition module
works........(according to the trouble shooting procedures in my manual
...forgive I don't have a Bently yet) There's a new coil on the car too. But
all it will do is turn and turn. No sound of any attempt of combustion. I
put a spark plug on the #1 plug wire and there was no spark when the key was
turned there was no spark.

my questions........

does it sound like I've isolated the problem to the hall sending unit?
if so where can I get a distributor? (dealer $545.70)
if not what other trouble shooting could I try?

the dealer said that the hall sending unit is not available seperately......

Rob
Haven't driven in 3 1/2 weeks and it's killing me!!!!!!!!