Re: headers

Slim wrote:

> Ok sounds great what year of car should I look for, or just order the 16V
> scirocco exhaust manifold?

You've got an 8v, don't you? The 16v downpipe won't fit. What you want is a dual
outlet downpipe from an early Scirocco or Rabbit. I forget which exact years have
your manifold but mine came off my 81 shitrocco parts car. Should you pick one up
without the O2 sensor built in, then you'll need to buy a Techtonics downpipe with
a boss welded onto it.

> Geeezzz I live in canada and will probably have to
> wait for the techtonics down pipe but I suppose the wait will be well worth it...

Yeah, I've got this exact combination. It definitely works!

> Does that down pipe bring the two pipes to one large dia pipe? SInce I
> still have stock from the TEST PIPE (i took the cat out) back... I will like to
> go to a bigger dia eventually not for awhile./

The version that I have ends in a 2" collector. As I recall, there is a 2.25"
version available but it will do nothing extra on a 1.8l and may actually hurt the
bottom end. I spoke to Darrell Vittone about this last year and he even told me
"don't bother" on my worked 2.0l 8v. -not worth the trouble for such a little gain.
Only the 16vs show significant gains with the 2.25" version.

> Thanks for all the help dude!!!

Ya, mon!
--
Scott F. Williams