Re: synthetic for 8v

<x-flowed>
I run Castrol Syntec in my '81 8v 5w30 I think or something like that (I
don't have the bottle in front of me) anyway, when I made the switch I
noticed a drop in the oil temp from 115 to about 100 and with me delivering
pizzas in it, I think it really helps when I go longer than I should between
oil changes.

Bryan Geiszler
'81 Scirocco S

>In a recent thread about synthetic oil, everybody referred to 16v cars.
Does anybody run it in an 8v?  What weight?  I currently use 10w30 and
sometimes 5w30 Castrol GTX oil, and change it every 3000 miles.  I am
fairly hard on the car, as I am sure that the majority of Scirocco
owners are, and wondering about the benefits of synthetic.  I'm located
in Mobile AL and don't see much real cold weather.  Any opinions on the
ideal weight of synthetic and whether or not to change to it?
-=Rick
84' 8v wolfs<