Re: tranny questions.

--- Mark Madison <mmadison@aracnet.com> wrote:
> ok ok... swapped trannies with the motors .. this is
> what I found.
> 1 85 8v has a FK tranny... the other has a 9A
> did both of these come stock?  I'm guessing the 9A
> didn't.
> the FK had two different sized flanges for the CV..
> is this normal?
> WTF.. can you tell it irritated me?

Some 85 & ups came with 9A trannies, others came with
wide ratio trannies. Does that answer your question?

It is not normal to have different size output
flanges.

AFAIK, all '85 & up US Sciroccos came with 100mm CVs.

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM