Re: Stock wheel size

FWIW,

There are 13X5 and 13X5.5 versions of the "stock" U.S.
alloy wheel.

AFAIK, all U.S. Sciroccos came with the 13X5 version.
(with the possible exception of late 1981 Scirocco S
models)

This includes my:

1975 Scirocco (bought 8/77)
1975 Scirocco (bought 1984)
1978 Scirocco  (bought 5/97?)
1980 Scirocco S (bought 3/92)
1981 Scirocco S  (bought 5/85)

my latest 1981 Scirocco S did not have stock wheels
when I bought it.

I saw a 13X5.5 version of the wheel for the first time
this year. I forget what the offset is (?)

A "Scirocco like" wheel was offered on Rabbit
Convertibles and A1 Jettas, I even saw them on early
VW Foxes (not Audi Foxes). Maybe this is where the
13X5.5 rims were used.

They (13X5.5 alloys) were probably optional on the MK1
Scirocco GTi in europe, as the standard wheel was
13X5.5 steel.