Re: Hey Jim & Brett

<x-flowed>At 6:05 PM -0400 10/14/99, Dsrtwnd16V@aol.com wrote:
>any chance you guys have checked out this car & don't want it for
>yourselves????
>
>    88 VW Scirocco 16V, Clean car, moving abroad on the 23rd of Oct hence
>    quick sale of
>                          $1,000 (no offers, bargain)
>
>                       simon doyle <sdoyler@aol.com>
>                       rochester, ny USA - Monday, October 11, 1999 at
>    19:54:14 (MDT)
>
>My best friend, who is from Rochester but lives down here with me, would be
>super interested in this car.  He has $$.  ANY chance you guys could check it
>out.... again, if ur not gonna snatch it up yourselves?  any help greatly
>appreciated
>Dan May

I just got a hold of the guy.  It's possibly almost sold.  I'm gonna
call back tomorrow and see if the deal held.

He said it had 120K or 170K (he's got a bit of an Irish accent so
pattern-recognition routines took some work before I completely
understood him)

Silver, replaced head and tranny at 105K.  Got into a fender-bender a
couple weeks ago, cracked rear taillight and some scrapes.

If I get the chance to see it and don't want it for myself, I'll post
a link to pics.
| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |
| jarrett@<NOSPAM>rpa.net                                       |