Re: Oil

On Wed, Oct 13, 1999 at 03:04:25PM -0400, HuMpnYoMoM@aol.com wrote:

> I was told to always run 20W-50 in my 16v 2.0L Scirocco. I went today to
> switch to synthetic, but I can't find any in 20W-50.

Told by who???  The owners manual indicates 20W50 is acceptable, but that
15W50 covers a wider temperature range. You can get Mobil-1 in 15w50.

> guys run who use synthetic? I know you should change your oil every 3,000
> miles with regualar oil and 5,000 - 7,000 with synthetic. But, what about
> synthetic blend?

I go every 5000 miles, no matter what oil I use.  Yeah, the synth
stuff doesnt break down as quick at regualr, but it still gets acidic from
combustion by-products just as quick.

Dan

--
If you took away everything in the world that had to be invented,
there'd be nothing left except a lot of people getting rained on.

		-- Tom Stoppard