Re: Clutch Q's

<x-flowed>Ok i think there might be some misunderstsanding about what we are talking
about here. My posts were in reference to the cv joint bolts. Theother guy i
think his name is Gary he might have been talking about the flywheel bolts.
If this si the case then i agree with the below and still maintain the
statement that the cv bolts are 8mm written on the socket but the actual
size of the "allen" is a 6mm 12pt. Hope this clarifies things

>From: thescirocco@juno.com
>To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Clutch Q's
>Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:16:21 -0400
>

>On Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:19:05 -0600 Mail Delivery System s: 0
> >
> > I couldn't remember the 190mm flywheel bolt size, but I knew they
> > were at
> > least 10mm. I just went out to my garage and checked it, it is 11mm
> > and
> > it is hex.
> >
> > The 210mm flywheels are 9mm and 12 pointed, I remeber that, because
> > all I
> > had were 6 pointed sockets and I had to drive to Sears in the middle
> > the job.
> >
> > Peter
> >
> > On Wed, 13 Oct 1999 07:55:38 -0700 "Mark Madison"
> > <mmadison@aracnet.com>
> > writes:
> > > I'm voting for the 8mm.  I removed the tranny in my 84 GTI and it
> > > used this
> > > socket... I also found that in older cars... my 78 Scirocco it had
> > > hex..
> > > not
> > > 12pt and I believe it was a 6mm.
> > >
> > > mark