Re: New Clutch

<x-flowed>>Just thought I'de throw in my two pennies; if you ask the Snap-On tool guy
>to get you a 9mm 12pt. hees gonna laugh. Theey only sell 8mm 12pts AFAIK.
>If you did happen to buy a 9mm 12pt it wouldnt fit. AFAIK thee Bentley says
>6mm 12pt. I could be wrong about the Bentley part but I know I'm right
>about the 8mm part. HTH
>>>
>>>1. Jack stands.
>>>2. 12 point (8 mm?) driver.
>>
>>It's actually a 9mm 12 point. =)

My '81's Bentley shows hex bolts.

But, on an '89 GLI 16v, there were twelve point bolts, and they were most
definatley 9mm. It fit perfectly.

VW, being the silly company they are, probably used all kinds of different
bolts.

BTW- Finally got rid of that A2 Jetta carcass in my back yard. There was a
pond forming on the passenger side floorpan. I think new life forms were
spawning in there, too. It was scary. I met a spider about 2" across in that
car. Scared the shit out of me.

-Dave