Re: chick magnets

Okay, as a female and a VW owner, maybe I can shed a
few more rays of light on the female/VW connection;
It doesn't matter what kind of car a guy has, as long
as he takes care of it and respects its limitations.
In my past experience, if a guy can care for and
understand a car (something much less complecated than
a female) he is more likely to be able to understand
me.
The type of guys that go for a car just to find a girl
intrigue me.  It seems that there is a definite "grass
is greener" syndrome there.  I work with one guy that
has a Porsche and is so completely stuck on his car a
woman could not get anywhere near it.  This guy is
constantly complaining that he can never find a
girlfriend.  Granted, it is a kickass car which is
maintained impeccibly, but the guy's attitude when he
is in the car makes it so unattractive.
My first car was an '81 Scirocco and I had a kickass
time with it.  There were even a few guys I met who
knew what kind of car it was, but for the most part I
found that guys weren't interested in the car
(something I personally cannot fathom).  The biggest
mistake I made was getting rid of my Scirocco,
although it wasn't my choice.
One of my best friends is completely crazy about
Sciroccos.  The look he gets in his eyes when he
drives, you can tell that he loves his car and what he
is doing.  That, in my mind is the sexiest emotion on
earth, especially because of what car he's in love
with.
My new baby is a '93 Corrado, which I absolutely love.
 I have only had it for about 5 weeks now and am still
learning about what my car can do.  If I could find a
guy that understood cars (and airplanes for that
matter) and could discuss them without sounding like
an  idiot and put up with all the questions I ask, I
would be in complete heaven.
Does anyone here know of someone like that in the
Chicago area?
Ellen Northam
'81 Scirocco RIP
'89 Jetta GL just got rid of