From: Barry Shapiro [mailto:bcuda@infohouse.com]
Sent: Monday, October 11, 1999 4:27 PM
To: scirocco-l-digest@scirocco.org
Subject: Tranny ?

Hi Everyone

My 86 8v Scirocco has a grunching between the 1-2 shift and the 2-3 shifts.
I have been assuming synchros and preparing myself for a tranny swap. WHilst
reading my Bentley I noticed a section on External adjustments concerning
the "selector shaft detent plunger" and the "fifth gear lockout plunger" on
closer inspection I have discovered that my little rocco has to plain old
bolts where these to mechanisms belong!

Is it a possibility that if I replace these adjusters and adjust them to
spec I may avoid purchasing a tranny? Is there a Tranny Dr in the house?

Please respond direct to bcuda@infohouse.com

Thanks

Barry Shapiro
85 Cab