More great 8v adventures (longish)

Well gotta share this one with the list - i have made huge strides in
my quest to be self-sufficient, mechanically speaking.  That's right
boys and girls, I took apart, cleaned, and generally restored to full
health the switch that modulates the dome light in the driver's side
door.  Now I can see when I get in the car in the dark. :-)  Of course
it also enabled that really annoying key-in buzz. :-)  I was surprised
by the amount of corrosion on there .. makes me wonder what else
I could get working with some simple chemicals and a little elbow
grease!

Second good story:  I found the cause of one of my most annoying
rattles - the secondary fuel pump (the one in the back, this does the
priming right?) had fallen off its bracket.  A quick repositioning and
some heavy duty elastic bands and my car is 100% quieter over
bumps. :-)  Should I worry about heat considerations as far as the
elastics?

So, feeling like Lord of the Roc, I decided to finally pull my center
console out and get my HVAC and former ashtray (one day to be
triple guage console!) illumination working .. well .. half an hour
later,
I hadn't taken the console out past the HVAC controls (though I
was THAT close) and i just tried to put it back. I think it's back the
way it's supposed to be. :-)  punchline is I managed to disconnect
the antenna lead to my CD deck so I get no radio stations now!! I
have lots of CDs thank goodness. :-)

I also took apart, regreased, and generally fixed my sunroof handle
which has turned my sunroof openings and closing into less of a
workout, which neither I nor my girlfriend mind too much.

Well keep on Roccin!  I am just loving my car this week.  For some
reason or other it's just running smooth, smooth, smooth.  I'm thinking
about making the synth switch as the colder weather sets in .. also
perhaps injector seals (maybe injectors altogether, depending on
what they look like).  I took the car out for a drive along the Detroit
River and just cranked the tunes (not the radio, ha ha ha). Loving
life.

see ya folks,
Nathan
eighty-four eight-valve wolfie