Re: Master brake cylinder.

The price for these must have fallen over the last several years.  I needed a 16V master cylinder sometime back.  Two dealers near me said $450.  "Foreign Autopart" - a local chain - said $250 i think...

I found one in a junk yard for $50, but it was off the car way too long and was all rusted up.  I found a second one at another yard for the same money, still in the car.

The problem, was that the 16V Scirocco was the only model VW that took that particular cylinder.  Similar Golf ones were like $25 bucks or something ridiculous.  The combo of front and rear brakes is unique, I guess.

dun-know.

Dan B
http://www.hobbyetc.com/scirocco