<WOB> Re: Octane ratings

> Bradley Peet wrote:
> On a side note, I'm not filling up at Texaco again...
<snip>

My "other" car is particularly sensitive to gasoline formulation, if it
isn't just right the catalytic converter stinks and the mileage drops.
There are about a dozen Texaco's in the smallish town I live in. Three
are guaranteed to cause this problem, even filling up with Super. The
others I can use even the cheap stuff in and the car is normal.

I have done some research on this with the (only) Texaco distributor and
it comes down to the storage tanks at those three places are
contaminated (water, maybe something else, wouldn't tell me more).

This may be part of the knock/ping problem you are experiencing.

No Chevrons around here to compare against...

The last Sunoco died too, although I can still get 110 at the airport,
heh.

cheers,

tiAn
87 16V