Re: Macco vs. Earl Scheib

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I got a maaco job on my car, but i did some research first. They dont really
do prepping unless you pay them extra. Their body work is very good...i got
some dents out that i only had filled, for $100 and you cannot, no matter
how hard you look, tell they were ever there. What I did, and I would
recommend this to everyone, is I prepped the car myself. My car was a mess
of body filler and primer and all sorts of shit. I sanded everything that I
had ever done any work to. In fact I stripped the hood completely and primed
it myself. Make sure you get ALL of the rust off (i missed a couple spots
and i'm regretting it now) and coat the areas with extend multiple times.
If your car is just faded paint with no rust or anything, just go over it
closely and rough up any areas that look like paint would not stick to or
would need the extra holding power (front flap of hood is one example).
Also, when you get the paint, make sure you get the integrated clear coat or
even better the full clear coat, and if you can afford it spring for the
urethane paint. If you take good care of it, the paint will last as long as
you want.

HTH

Duffy Penski
86 8v