Re: California front plates - yikes!

At 02:02 PM 10/5/99 -0600, you wrote:
>I wholeheartedly agree with you Brad, the red light cameras are a good
>idea, the photo radar is something different that I don't agree with.  I
>remember watching a news show about this new red light cameras and seeing
>a TON of footage released from england of wrecks caught by the cameras
>because of people running the red lights.  Its just damn dangerous, and if
>these cameras make it a little safer for those of us who do obey traffic
>signals, then I'm behind them.

  Even if they don't convince the idiots to stop running the red lights,
they will at least prove that the idiot is at fault when he causes an
accident. People that are irresponsible enough to do these stupid sorts of
things often are the same ones who will try everything to not be
responsible for their actions after they cause an accident, including
digging up fake witnesses, etc.

  When I was hit, there was no intersection camera. But there was a
security camera from the gas station on the corner that caught it all.
Unfortunately, it wasn't placed so that the color of the light could have
been seen, and the cops were too lazy to investigate the accident and video
footage, even after I specifically asked them to. But I do have footage of
me coming within inches of decapitation thanks to some sorry ass tow truck
driver. Had there been a police camera at the intersection, I would have
demanded that he face criminal charges for his actions.

Brad