From: Bill Scarince [mailto:Bill.Scarince@tenneco-automotive.com]
Sent: Monday, October 04, 1999 5:09 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: 2.0L 9A Block

1) I've heard that the compression ratio w/my original 16V head will be
anywhere
from 9.5 to 10.5:1.  Can anyone be more exact on this?  Dan Brideau?

2) I don't think the 1988 CIS-E had a knock sensor, right?  Will I need one?
Can this be integrated into CIS-E or must the system be swaped-out for a
later
one?

3) How does a knock sensor work?  Is it some kind of acoustic device?

Bill