Re: 2.0L 9A Block

Hey Bill,

> 1) I've heard that the compression ratio w/my original 16V head will
> be anywhere from 9.5 to 10.5:1.  Can anyone be more exact on this?  Dan
Brideau?
I heard 10.8:1.
I'm doing the same install, can you let me know if you find out
differently?

> 2) I don't think the 1988 CIS-E had a knock sensor, right?
Actually the 1988 CIS-E had one knock sensor, where as the 9A had 2 of
them.

> Will I  need one?
No.

> Can this be integrated into CIS-E or must the system be swaped-out
> for a later one?
If you use your CIS-E head, it will work out fine...

> 3) How does a knock sensor work?  Is it some kind of acoustic device?
It is a crystal that gives off a small voltage when the engine knocks.
The critical thing is when you re-install your original K-sensor, you
need to use a torque wrench and there are two different sensors on the
1.8L 16V and they have different torque settings.

> Bill

Peter