Re: Switch to synthetic for 16V engine?

<x-flowed>I wouldn't think that changing to synthetic in a 16v would be any different
than an 8v.  I switched my 16v to synthetic at 130,000 miles.  I have had no
leaks.  I did use a synthetic blend when I bought the car at 83,000 miles
though.  I didn't know what oil the previous owner had used, so I took a
long time to switch to synthetic. If you are really in doubt of your engine
seals, then I wouldn't make the switch.  Otherwise, I wouldn't worry about
it.

Ian Overholt
'88 16v
'78 Sidewinder