Maaco vs. Scheib & Acer Note

> Isn't that kind of like comparing Packard Hell and Acer. : ^ )

Please note that there are two very different divisions at Acer: the OEM
(beige) division and the consumer (black) division. I sold acer OEM components
for a number of years and very rarely ever had a problem with their stuff. I
sold their keyboards, mice, cases, CD-ROM drives, and monitors, never having
any problems that were not user based (like keyboards full of peanut butter
etc). Their consumer division selling entire systems at retailers really
sucks. The stuff is absolute crap.

So remember, if a mom and pop computer shop is selling beige Acer components,
they are probably good, but never buy Acer from a Best Buy, Circuit City, or
CompUSSR.

I still firmly believe that Acer makes the best OEM cases for under $300 sold
today.

> I'd say go with Maaco over Earl "I'll paint any car" Scheib, but you
> could probably do better with a good independent body shop.

Go with Maaco, they do good paint work and okay body work. Earl Scheib is a
rip off who will screw up anything they touch. Maaco will not do show quality
work, but it looks pretty good, and is often a bargain.

-Marc

'74 VW Thing http://getty.net/thing/ http://vwthing.org/
'81 VW Jetta Diesel gone to the scrap heap after 178,000 miles
'84 VW Jetta GLi SLC _SOLD_ with only 164,275 miles, moved to NJ
'87 VW Scirocco Red 16 Valve with 165,100 Miles, just got it on 7/2/99