Re: LARGE speeding ticket

<x-flowed>> > Pft. Lets try $400+ for 85 mph (on a 50 mph expressway with no cross
> > traffic). Looked in my rear view after just having a bunch of front end
> > work done at New D. and opened it up as I was out on my own with no
> > other cars to get into danger.
> >
> > The tow truck I thought I saw before taking off turns out to be an
> > Amtrack police officer. (Doh!)  His ticket book was crinkely and the one
> > off the top that he filled out for me was sun faded.
> > I'm looking at my 1st ticket in, oh- Ten Years?

I was doing 87 in a 55 near New Haven in my old '82 a couple years back.
Apparently anything over 85 is considered reckless driving in CT, so he
could've taken my licence then and there, and given me a $500 ticket. I
ended up making a court appearance, and they reduced the 'reckless driving'
to a 'speeding', but it was still $350 with court fees.

Odd, because I'm making a court appearance Tuesday morning cause I got
stopped in a car belonging to my grandmother with no proof of insurance and
an expired emissions sticker.

And I'm flat broke.

And I have no time to even figure out what's wrong with my '81 as it sits
patient (and dirty) in my back yard.

Hehe..

-Dave
'81 Scirocco 16v
'88 Oldsmobile Delta 88 FE3 (a 3800cc V6 makes it a worthwhile ride)