Re: Coilovers

    Well, there a re dozens of coilovers available now. Now for valve
adjustment here are a few:
-KONI from "True Choice racing" in Ohio. There KONI coilover has both rebound
and compression dampening. They also have just compression dampening ones as
well.

-APEX from Holland Has a coilover with dual spring or single spring that has
compression dampening.

-KW Also has a dual and single spring adjustable compression coilover. I
think you can only get it from Reiger dealers, making HPA one of the only
places to get them. Unless you get them from the UK or Germany.

-SPAX has a nice one also single and dual spring with compression adjustment.

-INTRAX also has a cheap single progressive rate spring with adjustable
compression.

-H&R/Bilstien has one that rides really nice that is self adjusting rebound
and compression.

-CARRERA makes a nice one that has more adjustment then a VW can handle. ABD
sells them rather cheap but I don't know if they still have the deal still.

-AVO's are out there like Spaxs and other coilovers from Europe there hard to
deal with if you blow one out, but they are rebuildable like most coilovers
are.

-Bilstien makes there road and rally threaded body shock that uses a 3 inch
spring verses the 2.5 inch diam. spring.

    Now if you are using KONI, SPAX, TOKICO, KYB AGX, or some other
adjustable shocks you can just use a coilover kit. There is Ground control,
KONI, CARRERA, BSI, and a few others out there. Thats if you already have the
shocks, because to buy the coilover kit and then the shocks you'll end up
spending the same or in some cases more then what a coilover would cost.

    Now for just having it for show you'll learn how much better your car
handles. The ride isn't going to as nice as lowering springs you'll love the
handling. If anyone wants to know where to get some of these coilovers and
can't find it I'll be more then happy to give you #'s for them.

Later
~Danny~
88 16v
85 8v