SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!! (and a note about reverse switches)

Well, I conquered replacing all the bushings on my shifter linkages this
afternoon.  It went pretty okey dokey.  Amazing what you can accomplish
when you remove the coolant bottle!!  One question, though.  The 2
dog-bone links with the ball-joint sockets on them.....mine seem to be
really loose. I assume the plastic is shredded from 15 years of
shifting.  Anybody got some spare ones they want to get rid of? (This is
of course the royally whacked, firing-on-3-cylinders,
who-knows-what-the-hell-year-it-is '84 8v).

Speaking of removing the coolant bottle and seeing some neat stuff, I
found my reverse switch this afternoon.  The local VW shop is gonna
order me one, I'll have back up lights by Saturday!!

Okay, that's it.  I just wanted to rant about my really tight shifter (I
am SO proud!!).  First gear is still a bitch sometimes (second to
first....won't pop in) but 5th is easy to find!

Okay, I'm done.
=o)