Re: Brakes

In a message dated 11/29/99 09:50:42 Eastern Standard Time,
criag@vw-hq.zzn.com writes:

> When I press down on my brake pedal the resistance is not what it once was,
> in other words my foot is closer to the floor board.  Also if I down shift
> the pedal losses all resistance momentarily and my foot is even closer to
the
> floor board.
>
>  The front brakes were replaced about a year ago, the rear have not been
> replaced as far as I know.  Any ideas or suggestions?  I'm leaving for
> Florida for the holidays in three weeks and need to get this fixed before
> then.
>
>  Thanks

Sounds like a busted pedal bracket (cluster, carrier, whatever you want to
call it) - the clue is the difference in feel when you declutch.  sorry to be
the bearer of bad news.  I don't know how hard the reapir is b/c I've never
done it....

nate