From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Paul Maione
Sent: Monday, November 29, 1999 11:07 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Botched Idle!!!

Hey all.

Recently my car has been idling not properly and this
is driving me nuts. When the car is cold, it seems to
idle normally but when it warms up, it's disaster!!
Goes up to almost 2 Grand, I've adjusted it with the
screw in back of the TB, even with the screw
completely closed it's still at 1100!! Today, I was
screwing with it again, and I grabbed this tube that I
think went in back of the Intake manifold, it was soft
so I squeezed it, the idle dropped and the car shut
off. I started it back up and start giving minor
amounts of pressure on it and the tighter I went, it
would drop.

I was talking to Nigel and he told me that there is
some sort of valve on back of the exhaust manifold
that helps with cold running and that it could be open
all the time...

Does this make sense?

TIA!

=====