Re: Back up lights

I got a ticket for no backup lights once...  Not fun since I found that the
switch costs almost $40.  There is a weak little plastic tab that is supposed
to turn on the lights and other little tabs for the upshift indicator etc...
Every MK1 5spd VW in my extended family seems to be lacking reverse lights
(design flaw???)  It's near the shift lever on top of the tranny;  Hard to
get a socket on it, so I bought a 9mm/10mm wrachet wrench to get the 2  9mm
12 point bolts out...  I didn't replace it because it cost $40, got away with
the fix-it ticket by using a trusty old toggle switch.  Not much help ehh,
just thought I'd share a rocco expirience.  (P.S. this was also the time that
the po-po got the idea to harass me for loud exhaust)

Ben Smith
84 8v