Re: Koni yellows (again)

<x-flowed>
>On Mon, 22 Nov 1999 22:34:06 PST "Chris DeLong" <green536@hotmail.com>
>writes:
> >I might be the only one to know about this but I
> >was trying to offer up new info and fuck the koni site!!
>

>Yeah, fuck the Koni site, your the only one who knows, probably know more
>than the engineers at Koni too.....

OK.  Koni Yellows, the ones most of you have, the ones you buy from Mike
Potter, are single adjustable for rebound damping only.

There is a little tab on the top of the shock/strut that is turned
counterclockwise to increase rebound damping _only_.  It does nothing for
compression damping.

The other guy is describing the hydraulic Koni adjustment procedure - Koni
Reds.  Compress shock, rotate, tabs engage, you can turn the shaft, which
turns the adjustment, etc.

FWIW, Koni thinks of the adjustment as something the end user should use to
counteract wear.

I don't *know* that Koni makes a double adjustable shock(IE, compression and
rebound independently adjustable), but I believe they do.

If not, places like Truechoice and ProParts will do it for you.

Beyond compression and rebound damping(not dampening - dampening is what
happens when you're hit by a water balloon), there's high-and-low speed
damping to think about.

Not even going to get into high and low speed here.  Pretty obvious that
it'd be a worthless discussion.

The common "Yellows" are rebound adjustable.  If you have a set of
externally adjustable yellows that also have the hydraulic
compress-and-twist style adjustment, you have something special, or the
footvalve is so f'ed up that when you compress the shock fully and twist,
things happen inside.

JohnC.