How to Make Being a Lister a Better Experience

Folks,

There has been much discussion recently on how things are not what they
should be. Some of it is human nature, some is lack of 'Netitquette'.

I'd like to at least pass on these few items that may help;

1. I see allot of "Don't reply to me..." messages. I appreciate them,
these are tips that someone took the time to dig up for the greater
benefit ( at least potentially) of us all.  Tip: copy&paste the email
address of the person in this type format, high up in the post;

<mailto:tberk@mindspring.com>

The brackets (more on that later) server to contain the info, and the
mailto on the front will make it a clickable link. Bettcha' it cuts down
on spurious emails, eh?

2. Contain your quoted links in brackets of some kind.
http:/www.parts4vws.com vs <http//:parts4vws.com> . See? Word wrap
should not be able to defeat a link. OK?

3. Edit your quoted replies, pls. 90%/10% quote/reply is no good if all
you are replying to is a portion of the original. A quick dash off note
is OK, lord knows i speak out the side of my spleen often enough, but
make an effort. Other list members may not mention but we notice the
effort. 'Capeesh?' (sp)

Obligatory Scirocco Specific Content.
I have a flat on the Scirocco so i have been tooling the jetta lately.
:( Kinda fun on 175/70/13 Bridgestones.) It shows good tires vs so-so
tires make a bunch of difference. W/ the Jet I can 4 wheel drift w/
control, the Scirocco wants to plow and understear. I can break the
front loose w/ the throttle at will. But the Jet ( at this point) could
do a given corner faster than the Roc. Gotta fix that.

TBerk