Re: Axle Nut???

Since my '80 Scirocco seems to be a front wheel
bearing eater, I've done my fair amount of axle nut
removals using a breaker bar with a pipe as a cheater
with no problems. That is until the last one I did. My
1/2" Craftsman breaker bar broke. Nothing worked,
impact wrench, torch, etc. Finally I broke out my
Dremel tool and cut slots in the nut and then ended up
chiseling the sucker off. There's not much clearance
getting to the nut with the tool but I managed.

Good Luck,
Larry

In a message dated 11/25/1999 11:50:39 AM Pacific
Standard Time,
WaspHwy@aol.com writes:

> I broke my breaker bar.... actually, I bent my
breaker bar and broke
the
>  socket extension I had on the socket... how about
an impact wrench?>