Re: gti

<x-charset iso-8859-1>"GTi" on a Mk2 Scirocco
is just a worthless badge for you in case you're located in the U.S.

for us Europeans it was important in that way,
that the small "i" stood for "fuel injection" the other ones were weaker and carbed.

as all your U.S. Mk2 Sciroccos are fuel injected and no
carbed ones were available over there, the GTi badge is meaningless.

however, if you're that keen on having a GTi, I'm sure
any Euro-lister will send you an old GTi-badge from the junkyard.

but IMHO it's more important what's under the hood than written on
the back of your hatch.

Dirk ( from Europe )
montego-black '83 SCIROCCO GTX 1.8l EX carbed
montego-black '84 SCIROCCO GTX 1.8l DX inj.
http://home.t-online.de/home/SCIROCCO/index.htm