Re: car nick names (semi-rocco topic)

<x-flowed>
>Guys, I was wondering who on the list has nick names for their cars.
>What was the inspiration behind your car's name?

I haven't named my Scirocco, (though my girlfriend has some names for it),
but a '79 Datsun 200SX I had I called "The Beast" because I beat and abused
that car so much and it just kept running. I even ran it into a BIG puddle
so that the car was actually floating, we pushed the thing out, wrang out
the air filter and after a bit of sputtering and a lot of steam it started
right up.  Had the worst electrical system you could imagine so I don't miss
it a bit. Especially now that I found Sciroccos.