Tranny mount question

I'm finishing my clutch job this weekend and on the replacement list is
the tranny mount.  I've already pressed/hacked out the old one and the
new mount doesn't have a "this side up" marking on it.  So I must ask
which way is up?  The bolt hole towards the bottom or the bolt hole
towards the top?
I've also taken off the rear seal housing and was wondering if there's a
gasket for it?  I think someone e-mailed me saying there was  but I
looked at the housing and the block and could find no evidence of a
gasket.
Finally, I want to replace the tranny fluid but am stumped at how to get
the drain and fill plugs out.  My hex sockets don't go that big!  Any
help is appreciated and will help the 'roc hit the road again.  TIA

Mike Hansen
83 Scirocco GT