Re: car nick names (semi-rocco topic)

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999 08:03:42 -0500 Scott Williams <sfwilliams@home.com>
writes:

>Guys, I was wondering who on the list has nick names for their cars.
>What was the inspiration behind your car's name?

Well, I've not named my Scirocco (yet?), but a couple of other cars I've
been associated with have had names.

"Buzz Bucket": 86 Chevrolet Cavalier SW - It went through a few different
names previously (though they were slight variations).  If you've ever
driven a mid-80's GM J-body you understand the name.

"The Perpetual Prayer Request": 78 BMW 320i - This car *always* had
something broken on it (and BMW parts are expensive - even for the e21).
Not a name so much as a title (i.e. we did not refer to the car in the
third person).

"Gehente": 79 Lincoln Mark V - The name was both a mispronunciation of
the Spanish "Gigante" and also ment to sound mafia-like.

-Timothy A. Reed, Esq.
t.a.reed.esq@juno.com
Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the
Lord.
Romans 12:11