From: XXSpArCoXx@aol.com
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Help Dummy coolant light won't stop.
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:22:43 EST

     OK as the subject said the damn coolant light won't stop. Yes, it does
it's three-second check and turns off but turns back in with in like 15
seconds and won't shut off no matter what I do. What have I done you say?

     Well, tried disconnecting it and reconnecting it,
tried jumping it,
tried cleaning the sensor off,
tried electrical grease on the connections
Tried pulling out the fuse for the coolant light/rear whipper, didn't work
oddly enough
tried flushing the system, in hopes that maybe it was a coolant
concentration
sensor and not just a level sensor.
Finally I replaced the damn sensor.

     The damn thing still wont shut off. The pump works the fan works and
everything else is checking out fine. Anyone have this problem. I need a fix
fast. This light blinking in my face for the last 3 days is driving me
crazy!
No, I don't want to put tape over the light or cut the LED out. You never
know it might do its function right one day and help me out.

     Is there something in the dash or a switch somewhere else that would
cause this thing to be stuck on the open position?
Please help its driving me nuttier the usual.
Thanks
~Danny~
88 16v Tornado Red