Re: Fw: 16v with CIS

<x-flowed>No offense Dave, but when I did this conversion i had no problems but where
to put the pressure regulator and the wiring was pretty easy. Grant it, the
car didnt start very well in the morning but the dumbass that had "no money"
wouldnt pay to have the pressure checked and so it was hard to start in the
morning. other than that it ran perfect after it warmed up.

>From: "Dave and Carol Ewing" <dcewing@prodigy.net>
>To: "Scirocco List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: Fw: 16v with CIS
>Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 18:33:48 -0800
>
>Believe me, I fought with this forever it seemed.  A few people told me
>that
>they didn't know why CIS shouldn't work on a 16v, especially with a
>reworked
>warm-up regulator, and some other possible upgrades such as the Fuel
>Enrichment Module.  BUT, everyone I asked about it that did the swaps
>professionally said that they have tried it both ways and replacing the
>harness is MUCH more efficient because they had so many problems after the
>swap without it that the time differences between doing the CIS-E and
>harness would take less time than all the extra diagnostics they had to go
>through to find all the little stupid problems that came up because they
>didn't use the 16v harness and CIS-E.  I was told that the resistances and
>the extra relays needed etc., makes it almost impossible (unless you go
>with
>carbs or something) to get the 16v running perfect in a different car.  I
>decided to go with the harness and CIS-E replacement in my 77 Rabbit and I
>have had very few problems with it.  If I remember correctly, I think most
>of the problems were created by me!!  Anyway, I hope that helps even if it
>may not be what you want to hear!!
>
>Dave
>77 Rabbit 16v  Soon to be 180hp 2.0L 16v!
>
> > Hey all, that article on the Oettinger 16V 1.7L got me
> > thinking....They used regular CIS and achieved 140hp no problem
> > which would show me that CIS is capable of supporting it...So my
> > thought is...why take all the time of integrating CIS-E when you
> > could use just regular CIS and save time...The basic operation of
> > each is the same along with fuel pressures, main difference being
> > controling the pressures during warm-up. So what do you think,
> > possible?
> >                    Kris Rayner
> >                 1984 VW Scirocco
> >     1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
> >      "I do nothing in moderation but work."
> >                -Charles Dickens
> >         http://www.fix.net/~trzracing/web/
> >

>--

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (with a severely mangled trunk lock thanks to the fucking thieves!)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco