Re: Koni yellows (again)

<x-flowed>>Ok, so here goes nothin. Cartridge out of car, fully compress and
>rotate clockwise until you feel it drop down into the groove that is
>internal to the cartridge and rotate the shaft clockwise to tighten
>the compression stroke (could be rebound not sure). Flame away! just
>make sure you do this before you start flaming!!
>

>>From: Shawn C Meze <skerocdriver@juno.com>
>>
>>On Sat, 20 Nov 1999 21:12:08 PST "Chris DeLong" <green536@hotmail.com>
>>writes:
>> >Am I mistaken here, or does everyone know about the WAY to adjust the
>> >compression dampening on their konis?
>>

>>Id love to hear it.
>>

>>             Shawn Meze

This will be the last time I have anything to say on this.  As I've
said at least 3 times, go look on the damn Koni website for the chart
showing REBOUND compression adjustment.  Now, the older Koni yellow
sports didn't have the adjustment knob (and as I've also mentioned
previously) could be adjusted (REBOUND only again) off the car
exactly as you state.  I actually have a set of them right now that
I'm shipping off to Scott soon.  I actually also have a set of newer
Koni Yellow sports that has the knob on top (for REBOUND adjustment).

If you're actually saying that the Koni Yellow Sports have a knob
on top for rebound adjustment, AND can be adjusted for compression
off the car as you state...you'd be the only person to know about it.
I also wonder why it was never mentioned in the documentation I
received with my brand new Koni Yellow Sports.  I would also wonder
why this adjustment option has never been mentioned any place else...
relevant places would include the VW newsgroups, the VW Autocross list,
the Wheel-2-Wheel auto racing list.  Other sources of info would be
Shine racing services, BSI motorsports and RD Enterprises (all of
whom I talked with before buying the Konis).  Both Shine & BSI mentioned
that they were in the process of testing the new (and not yet commercially
available) DOUBLE ADJUSTABLE Koni's.  This turned into the Koni
'28 Series'...these are very different from the Koni Yellows...before
anyone says anything else go look on the Koni website as frankly I'm a
little tired of arguing about this.  Further postings on this subject
will be dutifully ignored.

==Brett