COP?

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Shawn, are you a cop or what?  Maybe just sympathetic to their tough jobs.
I realize their jobs can be tough and there ARE A LOT of VERY stupid
civilian drivers out there but again, I've seen cops do alot of IDIOTIC
things too.  WHY do they sit on the side of the freeway during rush hour?
To make sure that the people who do get up to speed (which very few do
around here in Seattle) get paranoid and slow down and cause more traffice
problems?  Or, what about the cops that will pull you over for doing 5 over
when they never get below 5 over?  Or signal?  Or pay any attention to
traffic signals?  Of course when they do realize they did something wrong
they throw their lights on and go through the intersection then turn them
off a few blocks down the road to save face.  I am not on anyone's side, the
stupid cop, or the stupid civilian driver, just very much against stupidity
and the improper use of power.  I know a few cops personally, and most are
cool.  But, it only takes one to cause us to question authority. Of course,
authority always wins, since NO one is more honest than a cop.  So, c'mon.
Lay off the guys that just want to vent a little.  Most realize that they
were wrong (especially when they go to pay the ticket) and just want to
complain a little.  A very natural thing to do.  Plus, once you write/type
what is bothering you, you realize how stupid it really is and how most of
the problem is with the one complaining!

Dave