No Subject

</x-html>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 19:30:17 -0800 (PST)
From: george curl <gcurl4866@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: tranny question
To: POTATO! <theforce@invasion.com>, scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Sender: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org

I dunno if it has to be a 16v tranny but I had a
similar problem with the 5-speed I bought.  The car
had been in an accident and the mount had been sheared
off.  Fortunatly the guy had a spare tranny with
chunks missing off the ring gear.  I simply went to
the local stealership and bought a new gasket.  Then I
swaped the end pieces and torqued the parts to spec.
Tranny's run like a champ ever since.  Just make sure
the tranny mount is straight, mine was bent from the
wreck as I found out while dropping the new motor and
tranny.  Thank god my local breaker was open on
Sunday!!!
George-

=====