Re: headlight question

<x-flowed>The assembly on the right is euro - inner smaller lights are full-beam
driving lights (H1), the outers are side-light + normal + full beam (H4). On
early MKII (82/83) the inner lights are fogs instead of full-beam.
Some early euro MKIIs also came with equal sized dual lights, which looked
like the diagram on the left - the 82/83 GTI I think had them.  My wife's
'86 GT has lights which look like that but they in fact came off a japanese
minivan, AFAIK.

HTH,

Ewan Hopkins