RE: Update on car not starting...(long!)

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Ok Sal, let me get this straight.
You can start the car cold... and it fires up and runs.
drive it around for a while.. get it hot and then you try
to start it again and it won't run?
is the starter turning at all??

If not, I will bet that its your grounding straps.. check them
update them .....  I have seen this before....
with failing, or faulty grounding straps you can see a higher
resistance in the line when your car is hot, other than your
car being cold....

there should be a strap from your negative battery terminal
to your transmission and from your tranny to your car in a junction
above the tranny on the mount.. from there it goes to the body
and other places I can't remember...  VW made a mistake with these older
cars and I can tell you the ground sucks.

Mark Madison
85 8v Scirocco