Re: '84 Karmann (shifter)

In a message dated 11/14/99 4:28:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mironp@autobahn.mb.ca writes:

<< Well my shifter has waaayy to much play in it, have trouble getting it
into 5th and sometimes reverse... Is it a fairly easy job to change the
bushings for the shifter? anyone?

It is very easy to do, hey If I can pull it off Anyone can do it.  Hint-
check out the large rubber bushing that is under the car that the main rod
goes thru.  It is attached to the frame of the car with a triangular shaped
bracket.  On my car it was disintegrated and the cause of my shifting
problems.

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html