[mk2 Tech] Heater core replacement... finished!

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I took advantage of one of the last warm days for a while to replace my
leaking heater core. I've been dreading this job for a yearnow.  Last month
someone mentioned cutting the plastic to gain access to the heater core.  I
made a mental note of this, but thought "what a half-ass way to do it.
It'll look like crap."  The Bentley makes it look like a couple of clips,
slide the cover off... etc...

Well, cheers to the person who suggested cutting!  I should have listened
before tearing the center console apart. I'm happy with the way it turned
out.  If you have to replace your heater core, cut it out and save a lot of
time and frustration.

Photos and details at:
http://www.driversfound.com/scirocco/techtips/heatercore/

Greg :)

Gregory Davis       1985 Euro-spec Scirocco

GAK Motorsports... Your source for German Plates,
country emblems, and more!

Please visit http://www.DriversFound.com