Re: Hard starts

On Sat, Nov 13, 1999 at 06:32:08PM -0000, Rick wrote:

> We have a 16v 2.0 GLi.  I have replaced the starter several times, the battery, both pos and neg cables, added groundstraps, replaced ign swith.  alli know to do.  the problem is:  mostly on initial startup, liek in the morning, but not limited to, it t
ries to start as if it is either dead or about 30* out of time.  release the key and hit it again, and it starts fine.  anyone ever experienced this problem?  we had it to the dealership, as well as a couple VW mechanics, and they cant find anything..  ev
en hooked it up to the vas 1551 test computer..  nothing.

Your starter solenoid is probably bad, replace it.

> any suggestions?

Yeah, can you set your email program to do line wrapping? please? :)

Dan

--
Most people won't fuck around with you if they
think you're going to wack them with a stick.

		-- Dr. Funkenstein