Re: Autotech Exhaust. Noise.

The dreaded A1 exhaust rattle.  First check to see
where it's touching.  If it's the heat shield around
the fuel tak or under the tunned, be sure the spot
welds are still there to hold up the shield.  If
they've broken, you can get it re-tagged, or you may
be able to drill a hole and tack it up with a sheet
metal screw.(just be sure to watch for the fueland
brake areas.  If the rattle is coming from where the
muffler passes the spare tire recess you have a few
options.  1. glue some thermal insulation to the
recess to dampen the muffler touching. 2. loosen the
clamp from where the exhaust meets the muffler and
rotate it away from the recess.  Have a buddy tighten
the clamp back up and you may get lucky enough to gain
enough clearance.  Finally, go down to the local parts
store or stealership and get some of the really good
tight exhaust hangers.  The ones that came with my
autotech kit were alright, but the heavy duty ones
really stopped it from rattling.
George-

--- "Nathan A. Marentette" <nathan@www.x5ca.net>

=====