RE: drag racing radiators

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Steven Toughill wrote:

> And as a side note I run Dual Hayden Fans with a 71deg Cel (160 deg F)
> fan switch and therm combo on my 16V. My temps adv. 200 deg Cel oil and
                                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^
> BELOW the half piont on my Temp gauge. I'll get a deg reading at a later
> time when I finish my custom gauges.

OK, I really hope that you meant to say Farenheit here.  :) Does anyone
else think that oil temps that run on average TWICE the boiling point of
water might be a _little_ excessive ?  (Hint - that's 392 degreesF )

Drew - 84 Wolfsburg (my 8V oil temps only hit 100C after a spirited
160km/h run and usually spend their time around 95C)

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca