[Mk1] lighting revisited

<x-charset iso-8859-1>A few weeks ago there were some posts about getting better lighting for your
Roc.  Someone mentioned putting Cessna landing lights in.  Interesting
suggestion, and probably no more illegal than the euro H4's I ran in my GTI.
my question is two fold:

A. Since my GTI met an unfortunate early demise, what do I need to do to use
my H4 high beams from the A2 quad round set up?  they both appear to be 5.5"
round lights, so I'm assuming they'll fit physically, and I'll need to add
some relays or something.

B. Barring that option, has anyone tried to use lights from a late '80's BMW
3-series, like the bodystyle the original U.S. M3 was based on?  they also
appear to be 5.5" round lights, and I think they look cool.

Ben R